People don’t usually think that a small and cuddly dog would hurt you, but whether a dog will bite someone or not is never guaranteed. Millions of dog bites happen every year in the US alone. Depending on the severity of the bite, some may need urgent medical care or even surgery.
Many times, you may suffer from a dog bite that has been caused by the actions or negligent behavior of someone else. If you or your loved ones are in such a situation, do not hesitate to reach out to Groth & Associates to determine the next steps.
Why do dogs bite?
In most situations, it comes down to communication. Dogs and humans communicate differently, and the communication gap can sometimes lead to situations where the dog may feel threatened. Thus, they may start acting aggressively and biting to deal with potential danger.
Signs that a dog is about to attack:
There are some signs that you can notice in a dog, which usually imply that the dog is feeling anxious and may attack soon. Looking out for these signs may save you from a scary experience.
- Raised body fur
- Rigid posture
- Excessive tail wagging
Tips to prevent dog bites:
Whether a dog bites you or not is not always something you can control. However, there are some things you can do to reduce the chances of a dog attack.friendster.biz
- Do not approach an unfamiliar dog.
- Always ask the owner if you can pet the dog.
- Avoid running away from the dog.
- If a dog has knocked you over, roll into a ball, protect your face, neck, and head, and lie still.
- If a dog is trying to bite you, but something between you and the dog’s mouth – like an umbrella, jacket, or stick.
- Avoid direct eye contact with any unfamiliar dogs.
- If a dog is sleeping, eating, littering, or caring for puppies – do not disturb them.
- Do not pet the dog before it has had the chance to see and sniff you.
- Do not pet dogs who are not with an owner. netlog.biz
- Avoid reaching over fences – you will be invading that dog’s territory, and they will see it as a threat.
- If an unfamiliar dog approaches you, remain motionless and still
- Do not assume that just because you are familiar with a dog, he will be friendly in every situation. Always act with caution.
If a dog has bitten you or your loved ones, seek medical care as soon as hyves.biz possible.